Tuesday 4 April 2017

TPA Gig Review - Summer's End Festival 2016

The Drill Hall, Chepstow - 30th Sep-2nd Oct 2016

[Click here to read the full review at TheProgressiveAspect.net]



Ghost Community (UK)

... A good band with potential and probably the right sort of act to kick things off.

Magic Pie (No)

... a splendid way to end the night. A very impressive band.

Tiger Moth Tales (UK)

... raved about by many over the course of the weekend, and rightly so. This was a performance that deserved a much higher place on the bill.

Sylvium (NL)

... the music didn’t seem to stray much from it’s core sound and lacked range, probably my fault and I suspect that I need to listen to them again.

Seven Steps To The Green Door (D)

... The playing was superb and the music certainly worth investigating further, a highly recommended live experience.

Heather Findlay Band (UK)

... It probably lacked a little variety but the songs that did something different certainly grabbed my attention and spiced things up.

IQ (UK)

... With impressive visuals throughout IQ are a class act, this might not have been the best IQ show I’ve ever seen but by the end they were as good as anyone.

Firefly Burning (UK)

... Completely entrancing and I hope to get the opportunity to see them play again soon.

Damanek (UK/D/USA)

... There was much to recommend the songs...The interplay between the musicians was top notch.

Strangefish (UK)

... solid and well performed with some excellent vocal duets... the material generally not straying far from their basic template, although the ones that did certainly pricked my ears up.

Karnataka (UK)

... a fine live band they are looking towards the stadiums and have a sound of the right scale to fill one, but as a result they have lost some of the more fragile appeal that worked well for me.

RPWL (D)

... certainly a band that have increased in stature for me after this show and I look forward to seeing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment